Durez Phenolic Engineering Resin
SBNA Engineering Phenolics are moulding materials of phenolic resins compounded with a wide variety of fillers, including glass fibre, minerals and cellulose. The resulting materials are designed to meet some of the most demanding engineering requirements. These grades offer outstanding dimensional stability and resistance to creep under dynamic and static loads at elevated temperatures.
Key Properties include:
- High mechanical strength, even in thin sections
- Very low water absorption
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Very good electrical insulation
- Good resistance to most chemicals
- Excellent temperature resistance
- Excellent creep resistance, which can be optimised by postcuring
- Very low expansion coefficient
Phenolic Product Groups:
- General Purpose
- Most economical grades.
- Used in a wide variety of automotive, electrical and appliance applications.
- Glass Filled
- Highest mechanical strength and creep resistance at elevated temperatures.
- Used in automotive water pumps and fuel pumps, automatic transmission torque converters, DC electric motor commutators and brush holders, outdoor power equipment engines.
- Materials specially formulated to meet heat resistance and dimensional stability requirements of automotive disc brake caliper pistons.